Heal Umbilical Hernia with Exercise
Do you know you can prevent, reduce the risk and treat umbilical hernia with exercise?
This articles focuses on how you can prevent and reduce umbilical hernia with exercise.
An umbilical hernia is a disease caused by excess distress at the abdomen, particularly around the naval region. The intestine bulges through a fragile abdominal wall, leading to swelling and pain. You can reduce umbilical hernia with exercise. Since hernias are caused by fragile or weakened abdominal muscles, you can exercise the abdominal muscles to help the walls grow stronger and ameliorate or reduce the risk of umbilical hernia.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Important Tip to Help You Reduce Umbilical Hernia With exercise
Some hernias require medical surgery. Therefore, consult a qualified medical practitioner for medical advice on how best to approach your peculiar case.
Reduce Umbilical Hernia with These Exercises
There are various exercises which has the tendency of reducing umbilical hernia. These exercises involve less pressure and are necessary to strengthen the weakened wall of the abdomen.
Some exercises for patients with umbilical hernia include:
- Legs Cycling
- Stretch Your Abdomen
- Correct Your Breathing
Some yoga exercises are suited for building abdominal muscles. These exercises are not intense pressure exercises. Therefore, they will pose little or no challenge to perform.
We recommend you to engage in Yoga boat pose. This exercise demands you do the following:
- Sit on your practice mat or floor and stretch out your legs forward;
- Place your hands underneath your thighs and slowly lift your legs towards your chest;
- Once you get to the maximum lifting level, hold your position for 10 seconds and then release;
- Return to the starting position and repeat five to ten times;
The boat pose exercise should be repeated daily.
READ ALSO: supinated grip vs pronated grip 2021 Review
Another method of treating or reducing umbilical hernia with exercise is by legs cycling. This is also known as Bicycling in the Air. Bicycling your legs in the air strengthens your lower abdominal muscles. It is less straining and is very convenient for you.
This exercise requires the following:
- Lie on a slant position on the floor or mat;
- Lift your legs towards your chest;
- Pedal your legs on a cycle motion while you hold your position;
- Do this three to five times weekly for 15 to 20 minutes.
Stretch Your Abdomen
Stretching your abdomen helps the abdominal muscle to get flexible and mobile. Engaging in an exercise that stretches the abdominal muscle would not only help you manage your hernia, but will also help reduce the risk of contracting it. Abdominal muscle mobility and flexibility help reduce risk of hernia.
To exercise your abdominal muscles, do it this way:
- Lie on your back on your exercise mat or floor;
- Bend your legs at a 90-degree angle;
- Slide your legs to your right until they touch the floor;
- Make sure your back is firm on the ground. Only your legs should move;
- Stay that way for ten to fifteen seconds and then return to the starting position;
- Do the same for the other side;
- This exercise should be done daily.
This routine is important because it stretches the abdominal muscles and help the abdomen build resistance against umbilical hernia.
READ ALSO: What Is Wheat Protein Isolate? 2021 Review
Correct Your Breathing
You should breath properly when having any workout. The proper way to breath is from the abdomen not the chest.
Breathing from the chest lifts the diaphragm and releases multiple pressure to the abdomen.
To lift the diaphragm, you should do the following:
- Lie on your back on the floor;
- Place one hand on your chest and the other hand on your belly;
- Breathe in hard and slow through your nose and fill your abdomen with air;
- To confirm that you are filling your abdomen with air, your lower hand will should rise as you breathe in, rather than the hand on your chest.
Conclusion on how to Reduce Umbilical Hernia With Exercise
Choose any two of the recommended exercises. Engaging consistently in this exercises will shield you from contracting umbilical hernia by strengthening your abdominal walls. Also take the right diet to help you build strong abdominal muscles.