If you wish to lose weight, there are a couple of at home exercises for weight loss you can do to achieve this goal. Exercises which increases your heart rate and energizes your body are ideal for weight loss. The advantage is that these at-home exercises do not require loads of equipment . However, no amount of exercises for weight loss can help you lose weight if you do not eat right. This is because, as bad as the saying goes, “you can’t out-train a bad diet”.
7 Best At Home Exercises for Weight Loss
Explore the following workouts designed to help you lose weight while at home. The best at home exercises for weight loss are;
- No-push-up burpee
- kettlebell squat to high pull
- goblet squats
- skater jumps
- plank jacking mountain climbers
- Dumbbell pull complex
#1. No-Push-Up Burpee
This full-body exercise helps shred lots of calories. This is because it increases your heart rate and sets your body metabolism running. It is also easily modifiable.
- Stand feet shoulder-width apart and arms by your sides.
- Then bend your knees as you reach forward to place your hands on the floor.
- Step or jump your legs straight out behind you into a plank, and then step your legs back under your body.
- Jump straight up into the air as you reach your arms overhead. (Take out the jump if needed.)
- Conclude with your knees slightly bent, then do three to five sets of ten repetitions with a minute of rest amid each set.
#2. Kettlebell Squat to High Pull
Many workout enthusiasts believe this to be one of the best at home exercises for weight loss. This is because it impacts every muscle in the body.
- With your feet shoulder-width apart, clutch the handle of a moderate-weight kettlebell between your legs
- Then you squat with your back kept flat.
- Then, pull the kettlebell to your shoulder height with your elbows out as you drive through the legs to return to a standing position.
- Lower the kettlebell back to between your legs and repeat.
- Then do ten to fifteen reps.
READ ALSO: What is the best Martial Art for Fitness
#3. Goblet Squats
Goblet squats is one of the 7 best workouts for weight loss you can do at home. It is reputed for helping to build lower-body strength and improving muscle activity. Another factor that makes this exercise one of the best at-home exercises for weight-loss is that it requires just a little practice space and can be done using a kettlebell, dumbbell or alternatives such as a heavy book or a keg or jug of laundry detergent.
- Holding a kettlebell, dumbbell or any alternative, stand with your feet between your hip and shoulder-width apart.
- Lower your body into a squat (while Keeping your core tight, your neck neutral, your back flat and dumbbell, kettlebell or any alternative in contact with your body) until your elbows touch your knees.
- Then, drive your heels into the ground as you return to the starting position.
- Do 10 reps.
#4. Skater jumps
Skater jumps are a phenomenon. It is one of the best at home workouts for weight loss. As a plyometric or jumping movement, it is reputed to help increase the heart rate and also brace the legs and middle body.
- Begin with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Jump to the right and land on your right leg only on the right side of your mat. Ensure your left leg is tucked behind your right calf.
- Then jump across to the other side of the mat onto your left leg. Ensure your left leg is tucked behind your left calf.
- Then repeat 30 seconds on and off each for 10 minutes.
- Begin in a side plank, supporting yourself on your bottom elbow and placing your top arm behind your head.
- Then rotate your top elbow toward the floor as if you were trying to tuck it toward your trunk.
- Keep your pelvis level with little to no rotation. This will make you feel tension in the sides of your abs.
- Bring your elbow back toward the starting position behind your head.
- If you want to beef it up a bit, you can end each move by lifting your top knee up to tap your elbow.
- Do 10 reps on each side.
READ ALSO: The Agile 8 Mobility and Warm Up Routine
#6. Plank Jacking Mountain Climbers
Just like goblet squats, this astounding metabolism-increasing and fast-fat-burning workout requires just a little workout space.
- While in a high plank, perform a couple of mountain climbers, bringing one knee up to the chest, and then switching (left, right, left, right).
- Then, jump your feet apart, toward the outside of your mat, and back together four times, like you’re doing a jumping jack on the floor.
- After performing the plank jacks, complete another set of mountain climbers.
- If you want to beef it up a bit, you can loop a resistance band around your ankles as you complete the exercise.
- Do some reps by alternating between mountain climbers and plank jacks for 60 seconds.
#7. Dumbbell Pull Complex
Dumbbell pull complex help you Stimulate your metabolism while firing up your upper-body muscles, including your back, biceps, upper back and forearms. It is an upper-body exercise which combines a compound horizontal and vertical pull pattern that increases your heart rate. it is one of the best at home exercises to lose weight.
- Holding a dumbbell in each hand, perform two bent-over rows — lean forward at 45 degrees, let the dumbbells hang in front of your chest, and then pull them up to the sides of your chest.
- Perform one high pull — stand up and row the dumbbells from your thighs to your shoulders, elbows flaring out and up.
- Conclude with one biceps curl — curl the weights from thighs to shoulders, bending at your elbows.
- Repeat as much rounds as you can in two minutes, and then rest for 1 minute. Repeat up to 4 times.
- Juvederm: Anti-ageing Skin Treatment and Spot Removal
- Hip Dip Surgery: What to Know
- What is The Healthy Weight for Children by Age?
Originally posted 2021-04-16 23:02:32.