Are you having loose skin under chin after weight loss also known as jowls? You want to know what causes loose skin after weight loss, especially loose skin under chin after weight loss? Or how to get rid of loose skin under chin after weight loss?
This article is a comprehensive discussion of all you need to know about loose skin after weight loss. You will learn what jowls are and how to get rid of them.
We’ve received a lot of questions about this subject. Some of these questions include:
- why do I have loose skin under chin after weight loss?
- How do you get rid of saggy neck after weight loss?
- How can I firm up loose skin under my chin?
- Does loose skin ever tighten after weight loss?
- Does turkey neck go away after weight loss?
- Will losing weight help my saggy neck and skin?
The answer to these questions are provided in this post. Read to the end to get every bit of information you need.
Note that just as it is a common occurrence to notice some body changes after intense exercise and diet routines, so also is the case after weight loss.
Loose Skin After Weight Loss Pictures
Loose Skin After Weight Loss May Affect:
- Your eyelids
- Around your jowls
- Your throat
- The upper arms
- Your stomach
- Neck fat, etc
Common Causes of Loose Skin After Weight loss
The innermost layer of the skin is made up of protein cells, including collagen and elastin. Collagen is the major constituent of the skin. It occupies 80 percent of your skin’s structure. Collagen provides firmness and strength while elastin provides elasticity and helps your skin stay tight.
During weight gain, your skinskin expands to allow enlargements in various parts of the body, such as the chin, abdomen and other parts of the body. Pregnancy is one great illustration of skin enlargement or expansion.
Skin expansion during pregnancy occurs over a few months’ time, and the expanded skin typically retracts within several months of the baby’s birth.
Also, most obese and overweightoverweight persons carry this excess weight for a long period of time without making effort to lose it. This obesity or overweight often beginning as early as childhood or adolescence.childhood or adolescence.
Where the skin has been manifestly expanded and remains in this form for a long time, the collagen and elastin fibers gets damaged. Consequently, they grow weak and cannot retract.
READ ALSO: Does Taking 700 Calories a Day Reduce Weight Loss?
In other words, sagging skin or loose skin is more likely to occur when weight loss is rapid, such as after bariatric surgery. In most cases, some weight loss surgeries and procedures may lead to large amount of loose skin, drooping skin or sagging of the skin that hangs on the body. Apart from loose skin under chin after weight loss, another common case of loose skin is fat neck.
To this end, when such persons loses a lot of weight, extra skin sags or hangs from the body. Speaking broadly, the higher the level of weight loss, the more conspicuous the loose skin.
What is more?
Additionally, it is reported that patients who undergo weight loss surgery form less new collagen, and the quality or composition is inferior compared with the collagen in young, healthy skin
Note however, that a younger or new skin immediately comes up to replace the old one. Therefore, your age often influences the volume of the loose skin under chin after weight loss.
Factors That Influence the Loss of Skin Elasticity
The factors that influences the loss of skin elasticity include the following:
- The time spent Obese or overweight: Generally speaking, the longer you’re been overweight or obese, the more saggy your skin will be after weight loss due to the damage to your collagen and elastin.
- Level of weight lost: The more intense you lose weight, the more your loose skin will show. When you lose a 100 pounds (46 kg) or more for instance, the amount of drooping skin will be much.
- Your Age: people who are younger have stronger collagen compared to older people. Thus, older people are more prone to experience loose skin after weight loss.
- Genetics Configuration: Gene is also a determining factor here.
- Exposure to the Sun: Heightened exposure to the sun reduces the production and quality of collagen and elastin.
- Chronic Smoking: Habitual smoking leads to a reduction in collagen production and damage to the existing ones. This also impacts loose skin under chin after weight loss.
How do you get rid of loose skin under your chin after weight loss?
There are various ways of treating loose skin under skin after weight loss. This include surgical and nonsurgical procedures. Surgical procedures include procedures such as neck lifts. Neck lifts an tighten your skin and make it look less saggy. Nonsurgical procedures are procedures such as thermage, lasers, and peels. These procedures can change the composition of the collagen in your skin.
You can get rid of loose skin under chin after weight loss through the following ways:
- Facial Exercise.
- Stretching The Neck.
- Facial Yoga.
- Using Topical Treatments.
- Losing Weight Around The Neck Area.
- Eat Collagen-Rich Foods.
- Using Facial Rollers.
- Lifestyle Changes.
- Juvederm: Anti-ageing Skin Treatment and Spot Removal
- Hip Dip Surgery: What to Know
- What is The Healthy Weight for Children by Age?
- Love Sick? What it Mean, Signs and What You Can Do to ‘Cure’ It
Originally posted 2021-03-03 03:29:27.
2 Comments on “loose skin Under Chin after weight Loss: 6 Ways to Get Rid of Fat Neck”